How to improve the communication solve some issues: the best way to the asked questions to issue requester be acknowledged and answered

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to improve the communication solve some issues: the best way to the asked questions to issue requester be acknowledged and answered

lcestari
How to improve the communication solve some issues: the best way to the asked questions to issue requester be acknowledged and answered so the developer assigned to this issue can keep the development of the task.  

For example: I'm working on a issue create by X but I have some question about how the use case that X could probably know, so I can just write down a comment. The question is, will X notice the question there?

Naveen and I are concerned about if everybody see ever email notification from github or if it would be better to label those issue or maybe even create an specific queue on waffle so we track these issues. Naveen suggested labels like "need help" label (similar to the "help wanted" label) or maybe "needs clarification" label.

We have to think about to make easy to someone not familiar with all our discussion opening an issue and/or contributing with the project, so it would be nice if we can make the labels (and work flow) simple but very clear.

Do you guys have comments about it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to improve the communication solve some issues: the best way to the asked questions to issue requester be acknowledged and answered

jewzaam
Administrator
Another option is we can rename our "Ready" column to "Elaboration".  Even then, though, it's not clear that something needs answered at a glance.  So that's why I was thinking a tag.  In waffle tags will pop out nicely.  If we picked a color like green and it was clearly a request for help it would hopefully get attention.  Some tag suggestions:
* Need Help
* Help Wanted
* Needs Clarification
* Has Questions
* Open Questions

Out of these I think "Open Questions" is very clear.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to improve the communication solve some issues: the best way to the asked questions to issue requester be acknowledged and answered

jewzaam
Administrator
Decided to go with "Open Questions".

In addition, cleaning up tags:

waffle.io
* ready - green
* in progress - blue
* pending pr merge - yellow
* ready for review - yellow

other
* open questions - yellow
* bug - red
* enhancement - orange
* will not fix - light purple

to delete or rename
* duplicate - delete
* in review - delete <- waffle.io column
* help wanted -> open questions
* wontfix -> will not fix
* invalid -> delete
* question -> open questions

Reply | Threaded
|

jewzaam
Administrator
Updated all repos in lightblue-platform to follow this.  For "pending pr merge" I picked the light yellow instead of dark yellow.  Yellow is intended, now, to show a need for attention.  Light yellow is picked to imply it needs attention but not directly (aka go look at the PR).