classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lightblue expose the configurations using rest

lcestari
Hey guys,

I was using lightblue and after awhile I notice that if I want to create a new enitty, I had to new before hand the datasource configured in lightblue, which can be very trivial but it can lose some time if we think about this project in a production environment where the user that want to create a new entity is not able to access the environment to see the configuration and maybe it can take some time to get that information (that can even change without him notice and he have to figure out that he need to ask that again). What do you guys think to put some configuration information exposed as rest service?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lightblue expose the configurations using rest

jewzaam
Administrator
Sounds reasonable.  Enough info exposed from the metadata service to allow configuration of backend?

I was also thinking about how we could long term make configuration easier.  I'm pretty sure it has come up in other discussions, having a wizard to help with creation of metadata based on existing backend data when possible.  

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:15 AM, lcestari [via lightblue-dev] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

I was using lightblue and after awhile I notice that if I want to create a new enitty, I had to new before hand the datasource configured in lightblue, which can be very trivial but it can lose some time if we think about this project in a production environment where the user that want to create a new entity is not able to access the environment to see the configuration and maybe it can take some time to get that information (that can even change without him notice and he have to figure out that he need to ask that again). What do you guys think to put some configuration information exposed as rest service?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://dev.forum.lightblue.io/Lightblue-expose-the-configurations-using-rest-tp219.html
To start a new topic under lightblue-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from lightblue-dev, click here.
NAML