Release woes! Aka update to snapshot and trigger downstream builds...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Release woes! Aka update to snapshot and trigger downstream builds...

jewzaam
Administrator
I have hit some issues releasing 1.1.x that would have been caught with:
1) post release, update ALL lightblue dependencies to the latest snapshot
2) have downstream builds triggered when dependencies are changed

Regarding #1:  for example, audit hook depended on older release version of core, mongo, and rest.  Build problems were found when updated to latest dependencies.

Regarding #2:  just hit a problem where unit tests in rest were broken by inclusion of _id field and index in metadata.

For builds, the only option I can think of is using Jenkins.  Travis isn't setup to trigger downstream builds.  We could just have a public jenkins host on openshift.  We *could* do something on the internal jenkins node, but that's not really desireable.  Unless we have a way of triggering dependencies on travis...

For the snapshots it can be a post-release activity.  I'll see if I can include it as a step in the release.sh script.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Release woes! Aka update to snapshot and trigger downstream builds...

jewzaam
Administrator
The release plugin is setting the dependency versions already.  I guess I'd done something in the last release to change it to the release instead of snapshot versions.  That just leaves builds triggering other builds.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Release woes! Aka update to snapshot and trigger downstream builds...

jewzaam
Administrator
In reply to this post by jewzaam
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MVERSIONS-85

This isn't released yet?  But would make managing going from a snapshot down to an older release version easier.  Oh well.  This build is so painful ;)