lightblue-puppet directory structure

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lightblue-puppet directory structure

dcrissman
Do we have any agreed upon standard for what our puppet directory structure should like like?

Specifically, I have concerns about our template directory. I see things like a lot of erb files in the root template directory and similar templates in different directories, take the datasource erb files for example, the mongo is in properties while rdbms is in the root. It worries me that at some point we could lose track of which template goes with which manifest. My personal preference is that the template directory structure should more-or-less mirror the manifests structure.

Also I may have actually created some confusion myself when I created the service/plugin directory for graphite because I didn't know where else to put it. Now I see the rdbms.pp in there also, while the original mongo is configured from eap/module.pp.

I only want to make sure we are not on the path to puppet chaos.

Thoughts??
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lightblue-puppet directory structure

jewzaam
Administrator
+1 to template mirroring manifests

On Mon Jan 12 2015 at 2:53:38 PM dcrissman [via lightblue-dev] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do we have any agreed upon standard for what our puppet directory structure should like like?

Specifically, I have concerns about our template directory. I see things like a lot of erb files in the root template directory and similar templates in different directories, take the datasource erb files for example, the mongo is in properties while rdbms is in the root. It worries me that at some point we could lose track of which template goes with which manifest. My personal preference is that the template directory structure should more-or-less mirror the manifests structure.

Also I may have actually created some confusion myself when I created the service/plugin directory for graphite because I didn't know where else to put it. Now I see the rdbms.pp in there also, while the original mongo is configured from eap/module.pp.

I only want to make sure we are not on the path to puppet chaos.

Thoughts??

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://dev.forum.lightblue.io/lightblue-puppet-directory-structure-tp286.html
To start a new topic under lightblue-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from lightblue-dev, click here.
NAML